Thursday, October 16, 2008

Advertising In Magazines

1.Very potential customer belongs to at least one business, professional, occupational or vocational niche AND has at least one interest on the side. And people pay infinitely more attention to what comes to them through those side windows than through their front doors.

2. The "small" magazines often have ridiculously cheap advertising rates. They cater to a small crowd with a narrow interest. They don’t attract any big, dumb, image advertisers and that forces them to keep their rates low. These magazines are analogous to what small towns were for Woolworths and what university-campus-adjacent locations were for Steers.

3. Some magazines may rent their subscriber lists. And even local marketers can benefit from the work they do by rounding up and identifying people with very, very, very specific interests.


4. Everybody - including you - stubbornly, incorrectly, insists and devoutly believes that they’re different. The miniature dog owner, for example, thinks his critter has nothing at all in common with a full-size dog. I laugh every time I open up one magazine for those of us in harness racing, and see a stupid company’s big, full-colour ad for a feed or vitamin or gadget with a picture of a thoroughbred horse in the ad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

While I was browsing the Internet for ways to boost my website exposure, I read about how effective offline media is for getting additional exposure. Since online media advertising has become so competitive, I thought I will complement the online marketing efforts of my products with offline media advertising like newspaper and magazine advertising. This can be the best way to get a wider coverage for a website and draw additional traffic. I think it is a great marketing strategy to use both online and offline advertising to get more customers.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for solutions to get me-ore traffic to their website.